Tuesday, February 27, 2007

It's about time

Sorry I've been out of pocket so long, life has been; life. I have been swamped with illness, school, work, and a death in the family so all of a sudden blogging took a back seat. I am still making my classes which are going quite well and I am sure will continue to do so.

The death in the family was hard for all of us. Nana was my last grandparent since I lost my Grandfather at the begining of May in 2006. I miss having her around, she had this uncanny ability to put a smile on my face no matter what my mood was. It's a rare thing to be able to do such a simple thing for people, or to have it done for you and I miss that among other things. I had the eye opening task of organizing everything with the memorial service, from getting the family notified and into town to getting business at the funeral home and church taken care of. It enabled me to detach myself from the emotional side of it because there were things that had to be done. Now that I have time to relax a bit I find myself going through the mounring process currently, I'd rather be handling the business of it all still.

Work is work, it is the end of the month so we are doing the 10 hour a day, 6 days a week scramble to get things done. The good news on that front is that we are interviewing for new technicians and I will probably be training the new person and advising them on the best way to handle the equipment. That should make for an interesting change for me at work.

I actually went out on a date this past weekend. Upon some minor reflection I realized that it was the first time in 8 years I went out on a date with someone I had not known for several months/years prior. The date went well, dinner and a show at the Temple Civic Theater. She Loves Me was the show and it was fantastic, I didn't really like the way that the music was arranged but overall I really enjoyed it. The more important part to all of this, as far as I'm concerned, is that she had a great time. I'm hoping to go out with her again soon, I'm just not sure what the second date will entail.

That brings us up to speed for the most part and I will try to keep this blog updated and flowing a bit more frequently. I will be doing my best to get out at least a weekly update probably Sunday evening or Monday sometime for those of you that might read on schedules.

I'll be back soon.

Joe.

2 comments:

fridaynightgirl said...

YIKES! It's been more than a MONTH since you posted. On top of never getting my IM-dork fix... THIS IS JUST TOO MUCH TO ASK!

UPDATE, MAN!

fridaynightgirl said...

UPDATE your blog, dork!