Thursday, January 25, 2007

College Bound

That's right folks, after 11 years I am finally going to go to college. Took me long enough. I actually started classes Tuesday of this week. All I can say is WOW. I understand that when I got out of high school that at the time we were considered rather dumb by people in or approaching their 30's, but now; dumb is getting redefined. How on earth can these kids graduate high school and speak like they do. The word "like" is used at least three times in a five word sentence or you just aren't speaking their language. I spent the majority of the morning not trying to figure out what the teachers were talking about, but instead trying to figure out what the hell the students were saying. I'm just taking some very basic courses and I pray that once I pick a major and transfer to a larger college that people will have figured out how to communicate using the English language again. Until then I'm afraid it is going to be a long semester.

-Joe

No comments: