Saturday, November 17, 2007

Technical Difficulties

Well well, two bolg sessions in less than a month. I know you must be asking WTH?

Truth being told I am working on a project for one of my classes and needed a break. This was one of the first things I thought of doing to kill a wee bit of time, how sad for me.

Now onto the subject at hand. My Desktop CRASHED! After 5 or so years of being worked like a mule, it finally said "System failed CPU test" about 6 times then died. The amusing part of this is when it happened I was watching The Lake House on my PC and had to wait until last night to finish it. As if you can't see the ending coming a mile away. Good movie....bad CPU, no cookie. I of course being the tech geek that I am ripped apart my cpu and found scorch marks on the board and little bubbles on the processor itself. Fun times. Long story short I ordered a barebones kit from tigerdirect and it got here last night. Then comes the operation which was rather successfull. Upon closer inspection of the documentation for the motherboard that comes with the bundle it of course states that the board was designed for Windows Vista and the manufacturer will not gaurentee that the entire board is compatible with 98/2K/XP. So now I have that installed and I'm thinking great. I can finally get back to work. The bloody windows firewall is cutting off my internet access while active. I am trying like hell to get it configured properly and failing miserably. So to check my email, find research, and goof off like this I have to do it without a firewall. Windows Vista has got to be the most back ass wards OS for the computer literate I have ever seen. I can get everything I need to changed, but it won't let me get anything out through the bloody firewall. What the hell I ask you, what the hell?

Well I'm headed to the Microsoft site to hopefully find the answers and leave dear Mr. Gates a love letter that some tech in the department of "WTF emails" will more than likely discard like so many others. Use XP as long as you can people. Or do what I'm planning on; MAC.

Thanks a lot Obi-bill Kaboozie.

Joe

No comments: