Sunday, November 18, 2007

What fun


I decided a few months ago, when I figured out that I was going to be a full time student, that I needed to go ahead and get a "smart phone." The issue is finding one that is practical for my job and for school as well as personal use. After reading several reviews I narrowed it down to 4. The iphone, a blackberry, a blackjack, or the new and upcoming Motorola Q phone were my narrowed down options. I quickly omitted the iphone, don't get me wrong, great phone for a lot of people. It doesn't make sense for me to get one though. Primary reason is that I would ruin it in a week, two at best. Touch-screen phones aren't great for those of us who work with paint, drywall, and various textures. I would kill the touchscreen without knowing it and that would be wasting $500 in a hurry. Add to that I have a 30GB ipod and it handles music, pictures, video, contacts and the like as I tell it to.

I finally came to the decision of the Moto Q. So far I like it, a shiny new toy that talks to my PC. I have to admit that it integrates nicely with Office 2007 (word, excel, powerpoint viewing, and one note) and with Windows Vista. You can make or view new documents, email attachments and email them out right there. Yeah, i got the unlimited data usage plan. It also has a port for the micro SD flash disks, and my 1GB disk that I bought for my razor is not going to waste. Another feature that sold me on it is the keyboard. According to several reviewers and personal inspection they did it right. I haven't fat fingered the keys once during my "ops check" that I have been doing since earlier this afternoon while working on my project. We will just have to see what I think in a few days after I have had more opportunity to actually use it on the go.

I'm gleeful in my geekness.

Joe.

1 comment: